Disney Cruise Line Announces Holiday Events for Very Merrytime Cruises
Posted on July 26, 2018
Photo by: Disney Cruise Line Blog
If you’re sailing with Disney Cruise Line during the “most wonderful time of the year,” you’ll find a little extra holiday cheer on your tropical vacation.
Disney Cruise Line is kicking off the holiday season with its ever-popular “Very Merrytime” sailings beginning in November and extending until Christmas Eve. In true Disney fashion, ships will be “decked out” with garlands, wreaths hanging in porthole windows, and poinsettias lining the halls. A 24-foot Christmas tree and life-sized gingerbread house will be displayed in the atrium lobby as well. Onboard festivities include a full schedule of holiday parties, meals, performances, and of course, visits from Santa Claus. Castaway Cay and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas will also host island-themed celebrations.
Here’s a full list of onboard festivities:
- Mickey’s Tree-Lighting Magic – On the first night of your cruise, Disney characters gather to sing holiday carols and lead the lighting of the three-deck-tall tree in the atrium lobby.
- Santa’s Winter Wonderland Ball – The guests of honor, Santa and Mrs. Claus, are welcomed by Disney Cruisers in the atrium lobby. This celebration features classic holiday music, appearances from popular Disney characters, and even Broadway-style entertainment. A pair of royal sisters also join the party and cause a flurry of snowfall in the atrium.
- Deck the Deck Holiday Party – Disney characters lead a tropical celebration featuring games like hula hoop and limbo under oversized candy canes as well as dances including the “Yuletide Slide” and a conga line around the pool.
- Carolers – Dickens-inspired carolers occasionally accompanied by Disney characters sing holiday classics throughout the ship. At the end of your cruise, children onboard can join the carolers onstage at a special farewell show.
- Youth Crafts – Kids onboard can decorate stockings, frost gingerbread cookies, make holiday cards, and create animation cels.
- Other Family Activities – Families can build gingerbread houses together and meet Santa Claus.
- Thanksgiving Day – Guests can enjoy a Thanksgiving Day feast with Mickey and Minnie Mouse and then catch the NFL football games broadcast live on the ship’s outdoor, jumbo LED screens.
- Christmas Day – On Christmas morning in the atrium lobby, Santa and his helpers will have a surprise for the kids and guests can enjoy a musical performance from the children. A traditional Christmas dinner will be served in the dining rooms.
- Holiday Services – Christmas services will be held on Christmas Day with a midnight mass on Christmas Eve. Hanukkah services will be held each day from December 2 to December 10.
- Farewell Celebration – A special holiday edition of the farewell celebration will take place on the final night of your cruise. Disney characters and the ship’s crew participate in a musical finale led by Mickey Mouse.
Disney Holiday Cruises Sailing from Port Canaveral
- November 9, 2018 – 3-Night Bahamian Cruise
- November 12, 2018 – 4-Night Bahamian Cruise
- November 16, 2018 – 3-Night Bahamian Cruise
- November 19, 2018 – 4-Night Bahamian Cruise
- November 23, 2018 – 3-Night Bahamian Cruise
- November 26, 2018 – 4-Night Bahamian Cruise
- November 30, 2018 – 3-Night Bahamian Cruise
- December 3, 2018 – 4-Night Bahamian Cruise
- December 7, 2018 – 3-Night Bahamian Cruise
- December 10, 2018 – 4-Night Bahamian Cruise
- December 14, 2018 – 3-Night Bahamian Cruise
- December 17, 2018 – 4-Night Bahamian Cruise
- December 21, 2018 – 3-Night Bahamian Cruise
- December 24, 2018 – 4-Night Bahamian Cruise
- November 10, 2018 – 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise
- November 17, 2018 – 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise
- November 24, 2018 – 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise
- December 1, 2018 – 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise
- December 8, 2018 – 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise
- December 15, 2018 – 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise
- December 22, 2018 – 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise
Hotel Packages for Disney Holiday Cruises
Go Port Canaveral offers a variety of Snooze & Cruise hotel packages for Disney cruisers arriving the day before embarkation. Packages include a hotel stay, cruise transfers, and airport transportation or cruise parking. For cruisers driving in, Snooze Park Cruise packages start at $69. For cruisers flying in, Fly Snooze Cruise Packages start at $89.
Airport Transportation for Disney Holiday Cruises
For your airport transportation needs, Go Port Canaveral offers shared shuttle transportation packages featuring professionally-driven luxury coaches. Transportation from the Orlando Airport (MCO) to Port Canaveral starts at $16.99 each way. Private transportation may be booked upon request by calling (855) 755- 4637.
Cruise Parking for Disney Holiday Cruises
Instead of paying per day, Go Port Canaveral offers complimentary parking with the purchase of round-trip cruise transfers. Cruise Parking packages feature a well-lit and security-patrolled parking lot just minutes away from Port Canaveral. Transfers start at $9.95 per person each way.